Today, I'm sharing a personal favourite with you - fish fillet with mushrooms and it's delicious!
TODAY'S RECIPE - FISH FILLET WITH MUSHROOM
I am sure by now you have noticed my recipes echo what is in my book:
LIVE,EAT & HEAL THE WAY NATURE INTENDED.
Food can only heal when it is natural food, simple, no preservatives, no additives, no artificial flavours and colourings.
Today is fish day. Fish is always a good dish to have. In this recipe any fish fillet will do; bream, cod, haddock, trout, sea bass, trout, sardines, tuna and mackerel (your favourite).
BENEFITS OF EATING FISH * Simple, delicious and easy to prepare. You can prepare fish in a variety of ways; grill, steam or fry.
* It is bursting with nutrients such as protein, vitamin D and is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, cherished by your brain and gut good microbes.
* Very good for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Omega-3 fatty acids are vital for brain and eye development. * Eating fish has been linked to a reduced risk of auto immune disease in some studies.
Fillet of fish your favourite (6 fillets will serve 2) ¼ teaspoon of sea/himalayan salt ¼ teaspoon of black pepper Teaspoon fresh thyme 500 grams mushroom 500 grams fresh peas 1 medium onion ¼ teaspoon tumeric 2 cloves garlic ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper ½ lemon juice 4 Tablespoons butter/ghee/lard
Marinate fish fillets with cayenne pepper, lemon juice, turmeric and thyme and leave in fridge overnight.
* Place marinated fish fillets in a medium heat oven for 30 minutes
* While fish is in oven, heat pan on medium heat
* Add butter and let it melt
* Add your onion until translucent 5 minutes
* Add garlic and stir for 3 minutes
* Add mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes
* Stir in your fresh peas for 3 minutes
There you are your healthy nutritious fish fillet of your choice with mushroom and peas
Enjoy what you have prepared. Food in its natural form just as nature intended.
EAT WELL TO LIVE WELL AND HEALTHY!