Updated: Aug 30, 2020
I have a nutritious and delicious recipe to share with you to achieve and maintain a healthy vibrant body. It's cheap to buy, easy to make and soothing on your tummy.
The recipe is BONE BROTH. It will help keep you well satiated and conquer cravings, snacking and hunger pangs. Bone Broth is rich and packed with minerals such as Phosphorus, Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, Saturated Fats, Collagen, Gelatin and Amino Acids(Glycine and Proline), Iron, Vitamins A&K, Selenium, Zinc and Manganese.
If what you eat determines who you are, this means you have the choice and power to decide who you are or who you want to be.
All these minerals and nutrients are great for:
* Repairing and building a strong immune system
* Healthy skin
* Strong nails
* Healthy hair
* Muscle repair and growth
* Regulating digestion
* Reducing inflammation
* Reducing joint pain
* Preventing bone loss (osteoporosis)
* Healing leaky gut
* Help regulate the release of hormones like insulin, leptin, which play a major part in metabolism
* Help in weight loss, the high natural fats and proteins make you feel well satiated for longer, the body then works on low levels of insulin and this forces the body to get energy from stored fat cells.
* 4-6 litres water * 2kg bones from your local butcher (can be any of your favourite meats beef, lamb, goat, duck, fish chicken, pork, turkey and pheasant. Your choice which bones to use I sometimes mix two/three or just use one. * Your favourite herbs - any two from thyme, rosemary, ginger, sage, parsley, garlic and coriander * 2 tablespoons Sea or Himalaya salt * 2 onions * 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (with the mother) Optional
* Mix all the ingredients in a big pot and bring to a boil * Once boiling reduce the heat to lowest and let it simmer for 24 hours. * After 24 hours, switch off stove. * Let it cool enough not to burn you * Strain the broth into glass jars and allow to cool further this will thicken into a gel showing all the nutrients have migrated from the bone into the water.
After a while, the fat will rise to the top and you can leave some this will melt when you reheat your broth before drinking or you can scrap some of it and use it for cooking.
Your gut and brain love this fat. Your good bacteria in the gut thrives on this natural fat.
Refrigerate the broth for at least 5 days and freeze some depending on your consumption.
Drink warm 1-2 cups daily or whenever you crave for any foods with carbohydrates or sugars that do not serve you.
And VOILA, there you have it!
One step closer to a healthy vibrant body. A nutrient rich broth to repair, nourish and help keep your body healthy with no need to supplement. Your body will thank you and your bank balance will keep swelling because bones are so cheap to buy and bursting with natural nutrients.